139: Can my campus username be changed?

Graphical Version

139: Can my campus username be changed?

New students, faculty, and staff: If there is a problem with the campus username suggested by our identity-management system when you first create your Mines computer accounts (including email), please stop what you are doing and contact us before you activate your accounts. Submit a Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" support request (https://helpdesk.mines.edu) and do not complete the process to select a username.

The process of changing a username is highly complex. Username change requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and are not typically changed for new campus computer users who have already activated their campus computer accounts.

If you have a legal name change and would also like your campus username to be changed, first submit your name change information to the Registrar's Office (students) or the Human Resources Office (faculty and staff). Then submit your username change request via a Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" support request (https://helpdesk.mines.edu).

For more information about campus usernames, please see FAQfinder entry #134 "What is my campus username"? (http://faqfinder.mines.edu/faq134).


Font Size