- 010: How do I know that my files and data are being backed up?
- 022: How do I change my password?
- 024: What are quotas?
- 116: What is a Mines MultiPass?
- 128: Why should I change my password?
- 129: How do I change my ADIT password?
- 130: How do I change my MultiPass?
- 131: I’m leaving Mines. What should I do with my email and electronic files?
- 132: How do I export MyMail email to another account?
- 134: What is my campus username?
- 139: Can my campus username be changed?
- 140: Changed passwords sometimes result in locked accounts. How do I avoid or fix this problem?
- 142: What has changed with MyMail login and logout?
- 146: How do I save my online data when I leave Mines?
- 120: What calendars can I use to keep track of my appointments?
- 121: How do I used a shared resource calendar with my MyMail or or Google Calendar?
- 122: How do I set up a Google Calendar as a Mines Resource Calendar?
- 123: How do I set up an Exchange Resource Calendar?
- 126: How do I access a shared Exchange calendar in Outlook?
- 136: What is Mines Calendar?
- 137: How do I subscribe to Mines Calendar?
- 006: When will my email expire or be removed?
- 016: How do I create a new computer account?
- 023: Should I configure my email client to use the IMAP or POP or Native Exchange protocol?
- 025: Can I forward my Mines email address to another email address?
- 027: Why can’t I send email from an on-campus computer?
- 031: Why do I get “quota” or “UID copy failed” messages when trying to send email?
- 093: How do I filter email using Mozilla’s Thunderbird?
- 095: How do I create a rule to filter email using Microsoft Outlook?
- 103: What type of software is available to manage Mines email?
- 104: What are the settings and options for my email client software?
- 109: Why does my email program report an incorrect number of messages in my Inbox or other folder?
- 144: How do I configure Thunderbird for Mines Exchange email?
- 145: How do I configure Thunderbird to access Mines Exchange calendar?
- 001: Where can I get more computing help?
- 002: What is User Experience & Support Services (formerly CSS) and what kinds of help does UXSS provide?
- 005: What are the Computer Commons hours?
- 013: Can I buy computer hardware at reduced prices through Mines?
- 038: What computer systems are available for my use at Mines?
- 039: What is ITS?
- 050: How do I find things or people on the Mines website?
- 118: How do I request access to network or computing resources for my campus guest(s)?
- 007: How do I access my files on a network drive?
- 052: Why are peer-to-peer file transfers so slow?
- 086: How can I have an incoming network port opened on the campus firewall?
- 127: What is the correct way to set up an Apple Time Capsule at Mines?
- 138: How do I register my computer, tablet, or phone on the campus network?
- 143: How do I use the Mines Virtual Private Network (VPN) software?
- 029: What is spam?
- 033: I received a virus warning. Is it real or a hoax?
- 034: How can I protect myself from computer viruses and other malware?
- 036: Should I install an antivirus? How?
- 037: How do I update my antivirus “definition files” and scanning engine?
- 081: How do I select a good password?
- 082: What is SSH? What is PuTTY?
- 084: How can I protect my computer from cyber attacks?
- 085: How can I be sure my Microsoft operating system and software are up to date?
- 089: Why do I get so much spam?
- 090: What is ITS’s spam policy?
- 110: What is a computer virus?
- 117: How do I manage spam?
- 141: What is HDCP? Why won’t my iPad work with two projectors?
- 147: What is Mines Multi-Factor Authentication?
- 148: Why does my browser hang when I log into Canvas or other “federated” services?
- 009: How can I view and edit Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files?
- 011: Can I buy software at reduced prices through Mines?
- 014: How can I get new software added to a computer lab?
- 015: What is Linux?
- 019: How can I run a UNIX/Linux application in Windows?
- 113: Can I run more than one operating system on my computer?
- 149: Why does my login to Mines services with Duo appear to fail?
- 003: How do I get help with a Trailhead problem?
- 008: How do I change my Trailhead password?
- 012: How do I activate my Trailhead account?
- 017: How long will my Trailhead account be available after I leave Mines?
- 018: My Trailhead account has expired or been disabled. How do I get it re-enabled?
- 119: How do I create a Parent PIN in Trailhead so my Mom/Dad can view my account balance?
- 046: How do I obtain a website for my department or organization?
- 047: I am having difficulty with a web page I am creating. Where can I get help?
- 048: How do I obtain a website for a course I am teaching?
- 049: How do I obtain a shared course website?
- 051: Can I password-protect access to a directory I control?
- 114: How do I get a Mines personal website?
- 133: Is there a Mines mobile app for my phone?
Have a question that is not answered here?
Contact us via the Mines Help Center.