039: What is ITS?
The Information & Technology Solutions department at Mines (ITS for short) builds and maintains most of the campus computing and networking infrastructure. ITS is also responsible for desktop-computer and lab-computer support, classroom AV equipment, the phone system, student records, payroll, and other sensitive data. Visit the ITS website (https://its.mines.edu) for more information.
For help with any computing or networking issue on the Mines campus, please request support via the Mines Help Center (https://helpcenter.mines.edu) or walk into the Mines Service Center in the Computer Commons (CT156).
ITS is made up of several internal groups. Here is a partial list:
- The User Experience & Support Services group (UXSS) provides desktop support and more.
- The A/V and Classroom Support group (part of UXSS) manages computer labs and AV equipment across campus.
- IT Service Management administers Mines Help Center and the Technology Support Center.
- The Infrastructure Solutions group provides networking, telephone, and security support. The group also administers most of the servers on campus.
- Enterprise Systems administers campuswide, mission-critical systems like Banner as well as campus email, web pages, Trailhead, and other services.
- The Cyber-Infrastructure and Advanced Research Computing (CIARC) group supports research related topics and includes High-Performance Computing which administers Wendian, BlueM and Mio HPCs, and provides associated training and resources.